The highest and the longest of the drawbridges within St.-Petersburg boundaries. The bridge length is 909 m, draw span height is 11 m.
The draw mechanism has no analogues in the world: At the beginning of drawing the bridge raises by 15 cm, and its bascule leaves are rolled back from each other.
The first permanent drawbridge in St.-Petersburg: opened in 1850. There is a watershed line between the Bolshaya Neva River and the Gulf of Finland on the bridge line.
Opened in 1911 under the motto “Freedom to Shipping”. Since then, for more than 100 years the appearance, architecture and overall dimensions of the bridge remain unchanged.
It has the heaviest draw span in the world; its weight is 3,225 tons. The bridge wing is raised for 2 minutes by 67 degrees during bridge raising.
One of the most complex structures not only in Russia but also in the world by structural complexity and the size of the draw span openings (56.6 m).
It was built in 1903 under the project of the French company Batignolles. During reconstruction held in 2001–2003 the historical appearance of the bridge was restored.
The unique bridge leaves are not fixed additionally with any mechanisms except for the locked spools both in drawn and in directed position.
Jembatan tarik pertama dalam batas Saint Petersburg di jalur kapal dari Danau Ladoga ke Teluk Finlandia. Satu-satunya jembatan di st. Petersburg dengan jembatan trem perancah.
BRIDGE RAISING SCHEDULE IN SAINT PETERSBURG 2023
Saint Petersburg State Budgetary Institution Mostotrest
SP SBI Mostotrest is a leading operating organization in the field of maintenance of engineering structures, one of the oldest specialized organizations in Russia, which continues the traditions of technical service, created with the construction of the first bridges in North Venice.
Currently SP SBI Mostotrest is providing maintenance of 856 highway structures of the City.
Now SP SBI Mostotrest is the center of unique competencies:
- Full range of maintenance works for about 1,000 highway structures including those having the status of strategic facilities in St. Petersburg and world cultural heritage;
- The largest knowledge base and leading experts in the field of drawbridges in Europe;
- Technical records with information about the engineering structures of St. Petersburg since the 18th century;
- Technical supervision of facilities related to civil and industrial construction;
- Reconstruction and commissioning of facilities: Design work, mounting, dismounting, electrical work, and start-up;
- Highly qualified specialists and modern production base.