+7 (812) 577-78-12


ru en zh


On November 30, 2017 the navigation in Saint Petersburg was finished. According to the schedule, the bridges over the Neva River and the Malaya Neva River will not rise from November 30 to April 10, and over the Neva River arms - from November 15 to April 20. If you have any questions on the bridge opening schedule beyond the navigation period, see our mobile application and the website. The new navigation season will open on April 10, 2018.

Everything clear!

Novo-Kalinkin Bridge

Russia, Saint Petersburg
Novo-Kalinkin Bridge

Category: Road Bridges

Overall length: 27.3 m

River Barrier: Obvodny Canal

Architect: B.D. Vasilyev

Opened in: 1930

Purpose: Road Bridges, Pedestrian Bridges

Bridge width: 21 m

Novo-Kalinkin Bridge (former Narva Bridge- 1828-1875; New Kalinkinsky - 1849-1860s; Kalinkovsky New - 1865-1917) is a bridge across the Obvodny Canal on the axis of Staro-Petergofskiy Prospect in St. Petersburg.

The first bridge across the Obvodny Canal in the alignment of Staro-Petergofskiy Prospect appeared soon after the construction of the canal - in 1836. The engineer P.P. Bazen was the author of the project of a wooden single-span crossing.

The bridge was named after the small Finnish village known since the XVII century. It was located in the lower reach of the Fontanka River. The name is interpreted in two ways: on some old maps it was written Kalyula, on the other - Kalina. In the early years of the St. Petersburg construction the village was renamed in the Russian style and it was named Kalinkina. The village name was fixed in the name of Staro-Kalinkin Bridge across the Fontanka River and Malo-Kalinkin Bridge across the Griboyedov Canal.

At the beginning of the XX century, due to the laying of the tram line, the bridge was widened and reinforced without changing the architectural appearance.

In 1929-1930 the bridge was rebuilt in a single span reinforced concrete, arched one with the roadway above. The spans are monolithic reinforced concrete hingeless arch girders with braced spandrels, with reinforced concrete slab as part of the superstructure. There is a dumb solid concrete parapet on the bridge.

During the Great Patriotic War the surfaces of concrete parapets were injured by shrapnel from shells. At the initiative of the chief engineer P.P. Stepnov casting models were manufactured for gratings and stand lamps with gilded details.

In 1996-1998, during the major repair, sidewalks were widened; roadway pavement was replaced; railings, stand lamps with lanterns and metal crash barriers were installed; treatment of supports and superstructure was carried out.

Of course this bridge is worth visiting and admiring its centuries-old structure.