Category: Road Bridges
Overall length: 19.5 m
River Barrier: The Bolshoy Canal
Architect: V.V. Demchenko
Opened in: 1952
Purpose: Road Bridges, Pedestrian Bridges
Bridge width: 3.9 m
The 20th Kamennoostrovsky Bridge across the flow path connecting the Bolshoy Canal with the Bolshaya Nevka River is located near the Bolshaya Nevka River. In the second half of XIX century there was a wooden bridge which was repaired for several times.
In 1937-1938 the 20th Kamennoostrovsky Bridge, as well as other ones, was disassembled due to the need to clean and dredge the flow path. After the canal cleaning the bridge was replaced with a new similar three-span structure.
In 1951-1952 the wooden bridge was rebuilt in a single-span reinforced concrete bridge of simple system, slab with decorative lugs on supports under the project of engineer V.V. Demchenko of Lengiproinzhproject.
The bridge design is similar to the 19th Kantemirovsky Bridge. The span was made of monolithic reinforced concrete; it had a light curvature of the lower zone. The bridge abutments are reinforced concrete, and based on the earth foundation. The abutments facade is designed using vermiculated rustication. The roadway is covered with asphalt pavement; sidewalks are covered with sand asphalt. The sidewalk is separated from the roadway by reinforced concrete parapet.
The railing consists of metal welded gratings of a simple pattern. The bridge is designed for the traffic of cars and pedestrians.
The bridge was built by efforts of Lenmostostroy.
The 20th Kamennoostrovsky Bridge overlooks the Bolshaya Nevka River and Primorsky Prospect. Taking a closer look, one can see the building of Military and Naval Academy from the bridge. And behind oneself there will be Kamenny Island trees going into the Quiet Rest Park.