Category: Road Bridges
Overall length: 123.1 m
River Barrier: The Okhta River
Architect: R.R. Shipov
Opened in: 1994
Purpose: Road Bridges
Bridge width: 12.8 m
Chelyabinsky Bridge (former Okhtinsky N5) is a road bridge located on the extension of Chelyabinskaya Street across the Okhta River overflowing in Krasnogvardeysky District. In general, in the city, 14 bridges are spanned across the Okhta River apart from the dam of the former Gunpowder Factory.
The bridge is located in the alignment of the similar-named street, in the territory of former Rybatskaya village. This village was located along the right bank of the river, four kilometres downstream the confluence of the Murinsky Creek. Until 1917 this area was known by the name of the landowner – Antonevich’s cottage, and in 1920-1960 it was renamed Rybatskaya. Currently the territory is occupied with gardening, and the name Rybatskaya disappeared from the toponymy of St. Petersburg. Now this is a street along the river starting at the bridge and ending with the road to Rybatskaya village. For the most part the village is built up with modern houses, but somewhere the old village houses are still remained.
It is known that there existed a wooden bridge before.
In 1991-1994, under the project of engineer R.R. Shipov of Lengiproinzhproject, the wooden bridge was rebuilt in a five-span reinforced concrete simple bridge. The superstructure consists of reinforced concrete I-beams of constant height and reinforced concrete slab. Until 1997 the bridge was named Okhtinsky No.5.
The bridge abutments are massive ones, made of monolithic reinforced concrete on pile foundation. Low reinforced concrete retaining wall with green slope is placed adjacent to the abutments. The intermediate supports are lightweight reinforced concrete ones on the pile foundation.
There is an asphaltic concrete pavement. The sidewalk is separated from the roadway with reinforced concrete curb and metal barrier fencing with a height of 75 cm.
Metal welded railing of a simple pattern with metal pillars is installed on the bridge.
The bridge was built by efforts of Lenmostostroy under the direction of Chief engineer V.V. Drozdov. Engineer V.A. Shmidt exercised technical supervision of the work.
The bank of the Okhta River near Chelyabinsky Bridge is considered one of the main fishing places on the river.