Category: Road Bridges
Overall length: 15.7 m
River Barrier: The Krasnenkaya River
Architect: E.E. Rosenfeld
Bridge width: 27.5 m
Purpose: Road Bridges, Pedestrian Bridges
The 1st Krasnenky Bridge is named after the river flowing from the Ligovsky Canal to the Gulf of Finland. The Krasnenkaya River flows through the industrial area opposite Krasnoputilovskaya Street, crosses the territory of Krasnenkoye Сemetery and turns in Coal Harbour.
The 1st Krasnenky Bridge is located in the alignment of Stachek Prospect. The bridge was outside the city boundaries for a long time, it was put on to Lenmosttrest books in 1957. This is a single-span reinforced concrete simple bridge.
The roadway of the bridge was too narrow for the passage of transport, so in 1957 under the project Lengiproinzhproject the bridge was widened by transferring of sidewalks onto the consoles. To protect the bridge wings against washout a retaining wall was built with the strengthening of slopes with concrete slabs from four sides.
In 1965 under the project of engineer E.E. Rosenfeld of Lengiproinzhproject the bridge was further expanded with retaining the same design. The bridge has remained a single-span reinforced concrete simple one. The superstructure consists of reinforced concrete beams of constant height. The bridge abutments are made of monolithic reinforced concrete on pile foundation. The roadway is covered with asphalt concrete pavement; sidewalks – with sand asphalt. The sidewalk is separated from the roadway by reinforced concrete parapet. The railings are metal welded one of a simple pattern.
In 1986 during repair works the reinforced concrete curb was replaced with a higher one.