+7 (812) 577-78-12


ru en zh


On November 30, 2017 the navigation in Saint Petersburg was finished. According to the schedule, the bridges over the Neva River and the Malaya Neva River will not rise from November 30 to April 10, and over the Neva River arms - from November 15 to April 20. If you have any questions on the bridge opening schedule beyond the navigation period, see our mobile application and the website. The new navigation season will open on April 10, 2018.

Everything clear!

The 2nd Krushtein Bridge

Russia, Saint Petersburg
The 2nd Krushtein Bridge

Category: Road Bridges

Overall length: 14.3 m

River Barrier: The Admiralty Canal

Architect: L.A. Noskov

Opened in: 1720 (wooden), 1959

Purpose: Road Bridges, Pedestrian Bridges

Bridge width: 9.3 m

The 2nd Krushtein Bridge connects New Holland Island and the 2nd Admiralty Island across the Admiralty Canal in Admiralteysky district of St. Petersburg. The bridge is located from the side of Novo-Admiralty Canal in front of building No. 31 on the Admiralty Embankment.

During construction of the Admiralty Canal the Glukhoy Canal was turned into continuation of the Admiralty Canal cut in 1717 from the Admiralty to the Kryukov Canal.

Rafts with wood products delivered to New Holland Island from the Neva River on the Novo-Admiralty Canal and the Kryukov Canal. Then ships with wood products moved on the two internal channels to the Moyka River or the Kryukov Canal, and then on the Admiralty Canal they moved to Galernaya shipyard. In 1720 a wooden lift bridge over the Admiralty Canal was built under the project of Dutch engineer Hermann von Boles.

In 1765-1780 the architectural ensemble of New Holland was created, and the entrance to it was over a two horse-drawn bridges across the canal.

Upon completion of the Admiralty building construction it was decided to put the Admiralty Canal in the tube at the site of the Admiralty to Blagoveschenskaya Street (now Truda Square), which was done in 1842. Konnogvardeysky Boulevard was arranged at the place of the canal .

In the same year, due to the construction of the Blagoveschensky (Annunciation) Bridge across the Neva River, there was a question whether to put part of the Kryukov Canal in tube in the area from Blagoveschenskaya Street to the Neva River.

In 1922 the remaining part of the Admiralty Canal from Truda Square to the Novo-Admiralty Canal was renamed as the Krushtein Canal, today it is named as the Admiralty Canal again.

In 1959, under the project of engineer A.D. Gutzeit and architect L.A. Noskov, wooden bridge was rebuilt in a single-span reinforced concrete one which represents a double-hinged frame. The superstructure facades are faced with granite. The bridge abutments are reinforced concrete ones on pile foundation, and faced with granite. The railings of the bridge has artistic forging with ornament repeating patterns of the railings on the Moyka River. Cast iron grates are installed on the bridge, and there are granite pedestals at the ends of the railings. There is a granite curb.

The entrance to the territory of New Holland where a multifunctional complex is created - which will become the centre of cultural life of the city - will be carried out across the bridge. Access to the island is scheduled in August 2016.