Category: Road Bridges
Overall length: 33.6 m
River Barrier: The Okkervil River
Architect: A.D. Gutzeit
Opened in: 1957
Purpose: Road Bridges, Pedestrian Bridges
Bridge width: 10 m
Bolshoy Yablonovsky Bridge spans the Okkervil River, it is a part of Zolnaya Street and is located on the road leading to Ladozhsky railway station (former District of Dolgorukov’s Summer House).
The bridge was designed mainly for export of finished products of the asphalt concrete plant owned at the time by the Trust Lendorstroy. It was built in 1957 under the project of engineer A.D. Gutzeit of Lengiproinzhproject. There was a single-span reinforced concrete cantilever frame bridge with two consoles. The superstructure consisted of two main frames, between which there was a system of longitudinal and transverse beams supporting reinforced concrete slab of the roadway.
The superstructure is made of monolithic reinforced concrete without abutments, with free consoles. This is a rational and economic structure but there are high slopes.
Under each pair of the frame "legs" common reinforced concrete foundations on pile foundation are laid. The sidewalks are made on the consoles of reinforced concrete slab and are separated from the sidewalk by reinforced concrete kerb stone. The roadway is covered with asphalt concrete pavement; sidewalks – with sand asphalt. Metal welded railings of a simple pattern are installed on the bridge. Low concrete retaining wall with slopes reinforced with concrete slabs is placed under the bridge.
The bridge is designed for car and pedestrian traffic.
Bolshoy Yablonovsky Bridge is included in the list of St. Petersburg bridges connecting the banks of the Okkervil River. Total number of such crossings in St. Petersburg is 16. Bolshoy Yablonovsky Bridge should not be confused with pedestrian Yablonovsky Bridge. Bolshoy Yablonovsky Bridge is designed for vehicles.