+7 (812) 577-78-12

mostotrest@rambler.ru

ru en zh

Attention!

On November 30, 2017 the navigation in Saint Petersburg was finished. According to the schedule, the bridges over the Neva River and the Malaya Neva River will not rise from November 30 to April 10, and over the Neva River arms - from November 15 to April 20. If you have any questions on the bridge opening schedule beyond the navigation period, see our mobile application and the website. The new navigation season will open on April 10, 2018.

Everything clear!

Shvedsky Bridge

Russia, Saint Petersburg
Shvedsky Bridge

Category: Road Bridges

Bridge width: 12.35 m

River Barrier: The Karasta River

Overall length: 6.5 m

Opened in: 1907

Purpose: Road Bridges, Pedestrian Bridges

Bridge data

Shvedsky (Swedish) Bridge over the Karasta River is located in Lomonosov, Petrodvortsovy District of St. Petersburg. It was a single span structure. The bridge is located on Rubakina Street.

This is a cultural heritage site.

Bridge history

The bridge was built in 1907 by an unknown architect. In 2001 it was recognized as a site of cultural heritage.

Shvedsky Bridge derived its modern name on December 10, 2009 from Shvedskaya Street. And before that time it had no name. In those days Shvedskaya Street was a part of Rubakina Street from the Karasta River to Pervomayskaya Street.

Additional information

The Karasta River (Fin. Kaarosta) flows in Lomonosov Town and through the Shlyupochny Canal it runs into the Gulf of Finland. The river length is 13 km. Three bridges span the Karasta River – Slobodskoy Bridge, Shvedsky Bridge and Teatralny Bridge.

Rubakina Street passes from Kronshtadtskaya Street to Pervomayskaya Street. Initially, since the 1790s, it was named the 2nd Nizhnyaya Street and passed from the Baltic Railway Line to St. Petersburg Street. In the 1800s the name Shvedskaya Street appeared for a section from the Karasta River to Pervomayskaya Street. This name was given to so-called Swedish, or Engineering House, located there – the territory populated mainly by foreigners, mostly Swedes.

In 1869 Shvedskaya Street was attached to the 2nd Nizhyaya Street, and then a new street was renamed three times (Lyubimovskaya Street, Kolkhoznaya Street, and since 1967 Rubakina Street).