+7 (812) 577-78-12

mostotrest@rambler.ru

ru en zh

The Bridge on Erlerovsky Boulevard in Peterhof over the Samsonievsky Canal

Russia, Saint Petersburg
The Bridge on Erlerovsky Boulevard in Peterhof over the Samsonievsky Canal

Category: Road Bridges

Overall length: 14 m

River Barrier: The Samsonievsky Canal

Architect: A.A. Sokolov

Opened in: 1849, 1986 (rebuilt)

Purpose: Road Bridges, Pedestrian Bridges

Bridge width: 18.5 m

Bridge data

The bridge over the Samsonievsky Canal on Erlerovsky Boulevard in Kolonistsky Park of Peterhof is a reinforced concrete bridge of monolithic structure with the static scheme - hingeless arch with an opening of 3 meters. The bridge has the abutments on earth foundation, and conjugate foundations - reinforced concrete ones. The facade walls are monolithic reinforced concrete ones; the front surfaces are lined with natural stone (limestone and pink granite). The capstone is granite one with a height of 25 centimeters.

The wings of the bridge abutments have a curved shape.

There is cast iron railing. The roadway and the sidewalks are covered by asphalt concrete.

Bridge history

There was a "double" Kolonistsky Bridge built in 1849 by architect A.I. Stackenschneider on this place before. The structure was made as two identical bridges. Cast iron pipes, arranged in parallel 15 meters from each other, are laid at the bottom of the canals. This main water supply system is the main structure that provides action of the fountain ensemble of Peterhof.

During the Great Patriotic War the bridge was blown up. In the postwar period, defects of the bridge were "patched" by wooden structures.

In the 1980s the bridge was thoroughly repaired. During the development of the project of reconstruction, the authors retained maximum design and architectural solutions, that were originally adopted by Shtackenshneider, and also the channels were provided for the laying of communications. The new bridge was opened in 1986.

Additional information

On Erlerovsky Boulevard in Kolonistsky Park of Peterhof there are two identical bridges - they spanned the Samsonievsky Canal (former Samsonievsky Conduit) and the Olginsky Canal (former Samsonievsky Canal).

These canals with all associated civil engineering structures are protected by the state as an architectural and engineering monuments of the XVIII-XIX centuries.